Monday, December 5, 2011

I Can Finally Quit Caring about the NFL: Mike

I am sick of football. I have been since week 6. It is boring and maddening. I do not understand a complex offense, nor do I care why Tom Brady still isn't considered the greatest QB of all time. (Okay, I kind of do. I hate the Patriots. I hate Tom Brady. But damn it, the man does not get enough respect.)

But I quit caring about the NFL the day that the Philadelphia Eagles quit being the "Dream Team," as they referred to themselves as. Why? Because Michael Vick was the quarterback on my fantasy team. After his play went to crap, I quit checking my team. All I know is that I have Tom Brady as my quarterback right now. Other than that, I have nobody.

At this point, none of this matters. Because as a senior in high school, I have better things to worry about than the Powderpuff Pussy League. I have basketball practice. I have an F in math. My life is pretty damn generic. But it all gets colorful again on Christmas day, a day I have been waiting for ever since the Finals were over and I watched Dirk urinate all over the Heatles.

The Bulls are BACK! And I cannot wait for Christmas day, only to see the Bulls and Lakers play what I am expecting to be an extremely competitive ball game. But wait, there's more! The Knicks play the Celtics? If anything, I'll watch that to get on the early season LOLKnicks bandwagon. Heat/Mavs? Don't mind if I do! I'd love to see that game again. I don't even have to root against the Heat this time. I'm just glad there is basketball again.

So yeah, if there was some sort of shortage or work stoppage in American football, I would not care whatsoever. Just give me basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment