Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Bulls Brothers: Mike

Intro to The Bulls Brothers.

People often spend time arguing about sports. Well, my brother and I are no exception. Both of us have a strong love for the game of basketball, and we both love the Chicago Bulls in particular. Although, I can honestly say that in retrospect, my brother has more reasons to be a fan of the game than I do.

My bro was born in the perfect time to be a basketball fan. 1986. He got to witness and remember the rise of greats such as MJ, Shaquille O'Neal, Sir Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Patrick Ewing.

Myself, being born in the 90's, got to witness the gracious rise to obesity of Eddy Curry, the early-career mental problems of Jamal Crawford, and the failed Marcus Fizer experiment. As a Bulls fan, I have been tortured my whole life, or at least what I was old enough to remember of it.

It wasn't until 2007, when the Bulls nearly knocked off the Boston Celtics in the first round of the playoffs, that I realized that my favorite team could do more than just draft headcases and lose in blowouts. I was only 4 years old when the Bulls won their last title, and 14 years later, the Bulls are FINALLY winners again. No more suffering through the inconsistency of Ben Gordon, or the obesity of Eddy Curry, or having to see Tim Floyd as a coach. (Good Lord, he was AWFUL)

But as you can probably tell, I have always enjoyed the game of basketball, moreso than any other sport. But I would be lying if I said I didn't care about any other sport. I've grown up a Cubs fan, which, if nothing impresses you, that should. Sitting through this inconsistency and stupidity has turned me into quite the cynic. I am also a Bears fan, but now that there will be an NBA season, I don't have to pretend to care about football anymore. I hate football nowadays. I don't agree with the safety rules, I never will. If you get paid that much to play a game, you should be getting your head taken off every play and be damn proud to do it. I know I'd take those hits if I were getting paid that much.

If you enjoyed this last bit, you will enjoy everything we write. Well hopefully, considering I wrote this at 1AM and I am dead tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment