Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mike's Long, Depressing Summer

From a life perspective, this has probably been the best summer of my life. I finally have a job, the Cubs are not as bad as I expected (still bad), I finally got around to getting Netflix (watching it as I speak), and I have not broken anything at my new job yet. From a sports standpoint?

Awful.

Pitiful.

Depressing.

Disappointing.

Catastrophic.

I could think of many other words to describe how this half year in sports feels to me, but none of them truly show how I really feel. The Cubs are cellar dwellers, and things do not exactly seem to be looking up, depending on what they can get for Dempster and Garza. The Sox are having their best year since 2005, making the local sports stations unbearable to listen to or watch, with all their nut-riding. The Bulls... I cannot talk about this without tearing up(Neither can Derrick's ACL). Fact of the matter is, Derrick Rose could be out for a very long time, and even when he gets back, it will not be the same. Korver is gone, Watson is gone, Asik is probably gone. The Bulls are going into next season with Captain Kirk penciled in as the starting point guard, random old guy #3959 at shooting guard, and who the hell knows if Deng will still be in Chicago by the time the season starts. The only sure things are Joakim and Boozer, and Scal. I know, Scal alone can win us a ring, but I am worried about getting him more help. Dwight Howard will not be the answer. I am not sure about him anymore, not with the drama that he has caused in Orlando.

Now, I would be all for the Bulls signing a few young free agents. I have always been a fan of Terrence Williams, despite him being, as most players on the Sacremento Kings were last year, a black hole on offense. But I really feel that Thibs could turn his career around, and turn an insanely athletic swingman into one of the better defenders into the league. Thibs seems to have that kind of effect on players. There goes my only real idea for the Bulls.

It is way too hot outside, and I have most of this week off, so by all means, anyone who is reading this, get at me and talk to me. I really need to be writing more often.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment